Monday, September 29, 2008

carnival pictures

I just sorted through the pictures I took at the party on Saturday and I'm a little bummed. I didn't get very good shots. The sun was so bright and then you combine that with the shade of the trees and also being a little too busy to truly realize what you're taking a picture of- well, all I can say is these pictures don't nearly do it justice. The event was incredible. Any event Tiff puts together is incredible! She is so creative and detail oriented.... you need to throw the party of the year, you call her. So, even though I'm less than thrilled with most of these pictures I wanted to show you so you could have a small glimpse of the greatness.


This is the adorable centerpiece Tiff created... LOVE IT!
Below are just a couple of the many sweets from the party.... Mini caramel (or chocolate in this case) apples and adorable train sugar cookies. The sugar cookies were their favor with a train cookie cutter.

Baby Reefy was partying too! Here he is with my hot mama! And mom and the girls at the "ring toss" booth.
Here is the "admission ticket" booth. Isn't it so cute?! The birthday boy loves Sponge Bob so there were some Sponge Bob accents throughout the party. A Sponge Bob jumpy house, a visit by Sponge Bob and this incredible Sponge Bob cake.

Two of my all time favorite girls.... I'm sad the picture of Kirra on the pony is blurred- not sure what happened there. She LOVED those rides! Look how adorable Mekena is... love that crazy balloon hat and that face painting is beautiful!

Here's a sample of two of the booths... they were too cute! The refreshments booth had the drinks and the mini apples.



Again, the two cutest girls at the party! Can you see a little more up close how incredible that face painter was? I love the idea of doing a princess by painting a crown on the forehead... brilliant!

So... there's a little touch of the coolest carnival party ever! It was great.... I was only a little sad because I really wanted to eat and eat, but because I was sick all I ate was a little fruit. (And of course apples are fruit, even if they are covered in chocolate!)

What do you think? You want your kid to have the coolest carnival party ever? Call Tiff!

10 comments:

April said...

Oh, looks like SO much fun!!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Wow it looks like you all had the best time ever. makes me want to have a perty like that.

Brooke said...

Wow! I am not even a little kid and I would have LOVED it! I think the pics turned out great. Makes me wish I were there. :)

Marce said...

holy freakin cow!!!! i can't believe how awesome that party looks! one thing's for sure: my five year olds would have LOVED that!!! all thos pic's are amazing, too, amy! what camera are you usin? i'm lookin into getting a nice camera for my birthday and need some tips on what to get. anyway, thanks for sharing your fun! i love reading your blog. you're so sweet, witty and personable. i totally relate to so many of the things you write about! xoxo

Brooke said...

.....so I booked a wedding on the 22nd of nov. jsut thought I would let ya know incase that changes plans. your pics are so cute and she is the best party planner ever :)

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh my goodness! That is amazing! I want to be the kid that has that party!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

OMGOSH! That looks like it was soooooo much fun! The ticket booth...RIOT! I love it! Oh and you are ONE HOT MAMA! :-)

~melody~

Mom said...

Wow what a great party. I'm sure the kids never wanted it to end.

Tonya Staab said...

What a great party. Love the face painting.

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Wow, this party is amazing. Everything about it is so grand!!! THanks for visiting our blog today and leaving a message. Your chocolate covered apples are adorable and so perfectly shaped!!! I am jealous.
Stacy
http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com